Don’t panic! Pokémon Go for Apple Watch still on track for a 2016 launch!
There have been some rumors circulating about Pokémon Go for Apple Watch being canceled or postponed. Don’t worry! Far as I know, that’s not the case at all. The app, which was shown off at the Apple Watch 2 event back in September, is still in active development.
- How to hatch Pichu, Togepi, and more babies in Pokémon Go!
- How to catch holiday (Santa) Pikachu and Raichu in Pokémon Go!
- Haven’t caught Ditto yet? Here’s how to find him!
#pokemongo for Apple Watch is still on track for release. Looking forward to it! (Checked with a couple sources. They’re all excited.)
— Rene Ritchie 🖇 (@reneritchie) December 17, 2016
So where is it? There’s a certain amount of complexity involved in making Pokémon Go for Apple Watch. It ties into both the Apple Watch Workout system, which means you’ll get credit towards your activity goals while out catching Pokémon, and HealthKit, which syncs all the information. The latter especially has some of the most involved privacy systems Apple has ever deployed, and my guess is Niantic and Apple are taking the time to make sure all that integration is done right.
Regardless, Pokémon Go for Apple Watch is still on track for a 2016 launch. And that means we should be hunting happily from our wrists before the fireworks go off for New Year.
Update: Pokémon Go has confirmed the Apple Watch app is indeed coming soon.
Pokémon Go for Apple Watch is coming soon. Stay tuned.
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) December 17, 2016
- Pokemon Go beginner’s guide
- Pokémon Go tips, tricks, and cheats
- How to use ‘Nearby’ and ‘Sightings’ to track Pokémon
- How to catch rare Pokémon
- How to win gym battles and earn coins
- How to be lazy and play on the couch
- How to fix crashes and server errors
- Pokemon Go help and discussion forum